Get the Team on the Same Page
Getting everyone doing his or her personal best isn't easy. For every project, we rely on many moving parts. We rely on teams to make good decisions. Getting everyone on the same page, working in harmony, and doing their personal best isn't always as easy as it seems. Problems like miscommunication and internal competition can impact the way people want to or are able to work with each other. Here are 5 tips that will help.
- SET THE STANDARD -- Lead by example.
- EMPHASIZE THAT MISTAKES AREN'T THE END OF THE WORLD -- Mistakes happen.
- REWARD WHERE IT'S DUE -- Openly praise others' efficient actions.
- GIVE OPTIONS -- Emphasize results, not process.
- OFFER FEEDBACK -- There are few things more valuable.