Is Your Website Cool?
One of the destination's most important marketing tool is its website. Is yours cool? I mean when was the last time you revised it since it launched. Here are 8 rules to making it better.
- Avoid auto play music and video.
- Avoid mobile only sites - go with mobile optimization.
- Be careful with parallax scrolling (that thing where background images move by the camera slower than foreground images, creating an illusion of depth in a 2D scene and adding to the immersion) - too much is too much.
- No more pop-ups or modals that require user action before page content can be accessed.
- Splash pages need to go away.
- Using Flash - not good for mobile platforms.
- Image siders - too fast, too slow...mostly ignored.
- Showing off - just because your interactive team are geniuses, you don't have to throw in the kitchen sink to get your point across.