It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3…
Social media strategies move at the speed of light. Just when you think you've got your plan down, Facebook, Google, Twitter, and the rest make a subtle (sometimes not so subtle switch) that throws a wrench into everything. Here are six things to help you remain the master of your social media strategy:
- Document your strategy - write it down; 60% of those who have a documented strategy rank higher in terms of content marketing effectiveness, compared with 32% of those who have a verbal strategy
- Take time to include visual content - nothing focuses consumer attention like visuals; a picture is worth of thousand words, as long as it's the right picture
- Go with the BIG three, but be on the look out for new stuff - LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter; good content posted on these three deliver big dividends; who to watch? Vine and Snapchat as they appeal to consumers become more dependent on mobile devices like smartphones.
- Curate - your customer is looking for information that is both informative and useful; find ways to locate and curate information that your clients both want and need; IMPORTANT - "want" and "need"
- Focus - get noticed by specializing in quality content for niche audiences while targeting highly-specialized segments
- Measure ROI - tools like HootSuite or IceRocket can give you real time stats to support campaigns (measure everything)